Monday, 2 November 2015

What Makes H-1B Visa So Perfect For Employment?

H-1B is a non-immigrant visa, which is given to the workers who want to work in America in specialty occupations. This visa is allowed under the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA). With this visa, an US employer can temporarily hire a foreign national for special occupations. They can sponsor the employee they want to employ.

In special occupation, the applicant must be an expert with highly specialized knowledge in a field of human endeavor. It includes accounting, arts, architecture, biotechnology, business specialties, chemistry, education, engineering, law, mathematics, medicine and health, physical sciences, social sciences and theology. It also requires a bachelor’s degree or its equivalent as a minimum for the occupation.

If employee quit his job, or get fired by employer, then he must find another employer who can sponsor him. He can also change his visa status into another. Without it, he will have to leave the US. Like some other options, it does not provide any grace period. The period of stay is three years, which can be extended to six years. In some conditions, their period of stay can be extended more. After completing six years, if the employee still wants to work in America, then he must stay out of the country for at least a year. After that, he can reapply for H-1B.

Every year, there is a limit decided by law for H-1B visas. The current limit is 65,000 for each fiscal year. There are some other exemptions in this limit. Due to free trade agreements, 1,400 H-1B1 are reserved for Chilean citizens while 5,400 are reserved for Singapore citizens. At the first business day of April, the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services start accepting these applications.

These workers also pay taxes. Their taxes depend on their status of resident aliens or non-resident aliens. A resident alien pays tax on income from country as well as on income from outside of the America. A non-resident alien pays tax only on the income from the America.

H-1B holder can get H4 type of visa for his immediate family members so that they can also enter US. Immediate family includes spouses and children who are under the age of 21. H4 holders can stay in America as long as H-1B holder retains legal status. However, they are not eligible to work.

Before applying for it, you may need the help of immigration experts. There are many immigration offices in Miami and other cities that are providing law services. These experts can help you with the complex procedure of getting immigration in US.

No comments:

Post a Comment