Thursday, 28 April 2016

Join Your Fiancé(e) In America With K-1 Visa

Do you want to accompany your American citizen fiancé(e) to America? You would be happy to know that there is a visa category for that, which is known as K-1. With this visa, you can enter the United States and marry your fiancé(e) in the country.

However, the main requirement in this category is that the applicant has to marry their U.S. citizen fiancé(e) within the 90 days of their entry in country. Once married, they can apply for the status of a permanent resident.

And, it is essential that both fiancées are eligible for marriage. It includes requirements of legal age along with the appropriate marital status. They should not be married to anyone else or even to each other legally. Furthermore, their marriage should be legally possible according to laws of the particular American state in which they are planning to get married.

Even the same-sex partners can apply under this category. There are several other requirements for this visa. For example, the applicant must have met the fiancé(e) in person at least once within the two years prior to filing the application. If the applicant has unmarried children, who are under the age of 21 years, can apply for K-2 visa and accompany their parent.

You can get to know more about all these requirements, rules and regulations from an experienced immigration attorney. Choose a lawyer in the city you are planning to wed and live with your partner.

American cities such as Los Angeles are the centers of immigrant population as these cities provide numerous opportunities at life and career. This is the reason why every Los Angeles immigration lawyer handles many cases related to visas, green cards etc. If you are also planning to apply under the K-1 category, then hire a veteran attorney to handle your case.

No comments:

Post a Comment