Thursday, 22 December 2016

R1 Visa for Religious Workers – Know The Key Features!

R visas are a type of short-term work visas that is liable for people who have been offered jobs as religious workers in the United States. An immigration lawyer in Los Angeles can help secure R1 visa- which is a non-immigrant visa that permits religious workers to work in the U.S for a period of up to 5 years and for permanent visa application is send for green card.

Religious workers are ministers of religion approved by a recognized denomination to conduct religious duties and are defined as occupations whose duties must:

•    involve traditional religious function
•    be recognized as a religious occupation within the denomination
•    Involve religious creed and beliefs of the denomination.

Key Features of the R Visa

•    The worker can work as religious worker legally in the U.S. for the employer that files a visa petition with the U.S. immigration authorities. In case the worker wants to change the job, they need to get a new visa.
•    When the application is send for second R visa it can be issued reasonably quickly.
•    R visas will be granted initially for up to 30 months which can be extended up to maximum of total five years.
•    The R visa holder may travel in and out of the U.S. as long as R visa stamp and status are valid.
•    If the visa holder has a spouse and unmarried children under age 21 they may be granted R-2 visas to accompany the primary visa holder.

For your application process, you may also want to consult an immigration attorney for full analysis of eligibility with the application process. You can find an experienced immigration lawyer in Los Angeles who fit your needs and is undergoing promising respectful service.

No comments:

Post a Comment